Chartered Partners is retained to recruit a talented and ambitious 3 – 7 years PQE forensic accounting manager to the Disputes Services team of a rapidly growing forensic practice.
Your work will cover all stages of commercial and transaction disputes including;
- Giving early advice in the initial stages of the dispute
- Working closely with clients and counsel during the case preparation
- Forming opinions and drafting expert witness reports
- Assisting during the court or tribunal hearing.
You will contribute technically to client engagements and internal projects. Your delivered work must be of an extremely high quality and require only limited review. Drawing on your knowledge, skills and experience, you will provide insights for clients, and package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products to suit individual client problems. You will anticipate and identify risks and any potential significant issues on a timely basis. Another important part of your role will be developing a portfolio of experience on projects and building valued relationships with lawyers and clients. Interpersonally you will be calmly and comfortably articulate and able to communicate accurately and effectively with colleagues and clients alike.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification or similar professional qualification preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years comparable experience
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
You will have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
- Auditing companies and general accounts preparation
- General business understanding and commercial awareness
- Principles of causation of damages (e.g. loss of profits, compensable costs, breach of warranties, misrepresentation, interest calculations)
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Preparation of expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Competition disputes, intellectual property and brand integrity disputes, insurance claims, audit malpractice defence and product recall disputes
- Sale and purchase agreements, completion accounts, expert determination and transaction related disputes
- Preparation of forensic reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Liaising with clients, in-house counsel, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts, and regulatory enforcers
- Risk management
- Applying sector / law firm business development / marketing initiatives
- Building a network of contacts
- Language skills an advantage
- Assertive and confident interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations
- Critical Thinkers with very good attention to detail
- Excellent reasoning skills
- Ability to write cogently
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team
Remuneration levels are based on experience and expertise and are in line with Big 4 London bandings.
Additional Job and Application Notes:
- This vacancy is open only to candidates who are able to work in the UK.
- To Apply click the Apply button and submit your CV and a covering letter which explains your career achievements, your ambitions and your reasons for seeking this career move.
- By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and consenting to Chartered Partners processing your personal details in relation to potential job vacancies.
- Chartered Partners will respond to all appropriately qualified candidates who submit a CV and covering letter as soon as possible.