Chartered Partners is recruiting ambitious new or recently qualified accountants to Associate positions in the Disputes Services team of a successful and rapidly growing forensic practice.
Interesting candidates will be newly qualified accountants (September 2013) or will already have qualified and gained post qualification experience within an audit/advisory practice during the past 3 years.
In this disputes role your work will cover all stages of commercial and transaction disputes including;
- Giving early advice in the initial stages of the dispute
- Working closely with clients and counsel during the case preparation
- Forming opinions and drafting expert witness reports
- Assisting during the court or tribunal hearing.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
You will have knowledge and experience of:
- General accounts preparation
- General business understanding
- Commercial awareness
Experience and knowledge of some of the following areas are advantageous but not essential:
- External Audit of companies
- Principles of causation of damages (e.g. loss of profits, compensable costs, breach of warranties, misrepresentation, interest calculations)
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Preparation of forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Liaising with clients, in-house counsel, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts and regulatory enforcers
- Sale and purchase agreements, completion accounts, expert determination and transaction related disputes
- Risk management
- Language skills an advantage
- Assertive and confident interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations
- Critical Thinkers with very good attention to detail
- Excellent reasoning skills
- Ability to write cogently
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team
Remuneration levels are based on experience and expertise and are in line with Big 4 London bandings.
- This vacancy is open only to candidates who are able to work in the UK.
- To Apply click the Apply button and submit your CV and a covering letter which explains your career achievements, your ambitions and your reasons for seeking this career move.
- By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and consenting to Chartered Partners processing your personal details in relation to potential job vacancies.
- Chartered Partners will respond to all appropriately qualified candidates who submit a CV and covering letter as soon as possible.